.

.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday - Garden Of Lamentations



This is a weekly event that highlights a book we can't wait to be published.  It is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

I love Deborah Crombie's mystery series featuring Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James.  Love it!  However, she does take quite a long time to write the books.  I'm so happy to know that the next in the series, number 17, will be available in early 2017.  Yay!  This week I'm waiting on:




Publication Date: February 7th

Scotland Yard detectives Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James are drawn into separate investigations that hold disturbing—and deadly—complications for their own lives in this powerful mystery in the bestselling series.

On a beautiful morning in mid-May, the body of a young woman is found in one of Notting Hill’s private gardens. To passersby, the pretty girl in the white dress looks as if she’s sleeping. But Reagan Keating has been murdered, and the lead detective, DI Kerry Boatman, turns to Gemma James for help. She and Gemma worked together on a previous investigation, and Gemma has a personal connection to the case: Reagan was the nanny of a child who attends the same dance studio as Toby, Gemma and Kincaid’s son.

Gemma soon discovers that Reagan’s death is the second tragedy in this exclusive London park; a few months before, a young boy died in a tragic accident. But when still another of the garden residents meets a violent end, it becomes clear that there are more sinister forces at play. Boatman and Gemma must stop the killer before another innocent life is taken.

While his wife is consumed with her new case, Kincaid finds himself plagued by disturbing questions about several previous—and seemingly unrelated—cases involving members of the force. If his suspicions are correct and the crimes are linked, are his family and friends in mortal danger as well? Kincaid’s hunch turns to certainty when a Metropolitan Police officer close to him is brutally attacked. There’s a traitor in the ranks, and now Kincaid wonders if he can trust anyone.

As Gemma begins to see a solution to her case, she realizes she holds a child’s fate in her hands. Can she do the right thing? And can Kincaid rely on his friends, both inside and outside the Scotland Yard force, to stand beside him as he faces the deadliest challenge of his career?

20 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful series. Good to know it won't be long before the next installment is out.

    Thoughts in Progress
    and MC Book Tours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I love this series and have read them all. Might do a reread before February or maybe too many books.

      Delete
  2. 17?! Wow. I have a lot of catching up to do. I think I've read 2 or 3. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 17. Maybe when you get to Oregon? It rains there, you know. LOL LOL

      Delete
  3. Love this series and look forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only read one book by Deborah Crombie so far. I just loved it. I look forward to getting back to this series at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like me with other series, Wendy. So many series and so many I want to read. Sigh.

      Delete
  5. I must get around to trying this series. I've just started a couple of new ones - the Jacquot series by Martin O'Brien and the Body Farm books by Jefferson Bass - so another one won't harm. Much. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this the other day (maybe at Jan's?) and I'm so excited! I'm a few books behind but this is one of my absolute favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This series has been recommended to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was supposed to be out this year. I had pre-ordered it on the kindle, and I got a notice from amazon that it was cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think she got behind somehow. She really does take a long time to write the next book.

      Delete
    2. I imagine one of the reasons is the research she does. I've never read a series so detailed, so full of historical and current description as hers. She has taught me so much about the various areas of London, and of England itself. Extraordinary writer.

      Delete
    3. Totally agree! I recommend her books to everyone. Some don't like the first one or are not wowed by it, but I encourage people to continue in the series. Like most authors, I think her talent has expanded and developed.

      Delete
  9. Have not read any of her books but I'm sure intrigued after reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great series, Melody. And, yes, it's been around for quite a while so lots of books. They are well worth reading though.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I am so happy to hear your thoughts and will respond as soon as I can. Happy Reading!